Neem Cake is an organic pesticide used to pest and disease in plants. Apart from its been an organic pesticide, It has several benefits to plant. These include;
- It used in the prevention and treatment of ailment disorders of plants which is due to the lack or imbalance of nutrition.
- Neem cake helps to accelerate root development and overall plant growth. It also protects the plants from nematodes and white ants.
- It is an organic plant food that increases productivity and soil fertility.
- Also, it protects plants from soil nematodes when mixed with compost.
- Neem cake has antifungal properties. It is highly suitable for application in greenhouses.
- It can be applied safely in all cultures such as fruit-bearing, garden products, melon, cotton, tobacco, vineyards, flowers, vegetable etc.
When applied in conjunction with any nitrogenous fertilizers/compost, it slows the conversion of nitrogenous compounds into nitrogen gas. Thus making nitrogen available to the plants for a longer duration. Mix with soil on and around the roots of the plant.